In addition to your regular health care plan provided by your employer, you may be eligible to receive benefits through Magellan Healthcare, which offers customers a broad array of mental health and substance abuse clinical management services. Depending on your coverage you may receive referrals for the following services:
- Ambulatory Withdrawal Management without Extended On-Site Monitoring; Examples of service delivery include: physician’s office or home health care agency; specialized psychological and psychiatric consultation and supervision for biomedical, emotional, behavioral, and cognitive problems.
- Ambulatory Withdrawal Management with Extended On-Site Monitoring; An example of service delivery is day hospital service; specialized clinical consultation and supervision for problems (biomedical, emotional, behavioral, and cognitive);
- Intensive Outpatient/Partial Hospitalization Services; Examples are: There are nine to nineteen hours of structured programming per week (for adults) during the day or evening, and/or weekend. Services provided by addiction treatment professionals, counselors, psychologists, social workers, and addiction-credentialed physicians; for partial hospitalization- “day treatments” feature 20 or more hours of intensive programming per week. Services provided by addiction treatment professionals, counselors, psychologists, social workers, and addiction-credentialed physicians.
- Clinically Managed Residential Withdrawal Management; Medically Monitored Inpatient Withdrawal Management; Medically Managed Intensive Inpatient Withdrawal Management. Patients admitted to any level of withdrawal management must meet the diagnostic criteria for substance withdrawal disorder of the Diagnostic of Mental Disorders. The services are provided by physicians and nurses. Therapies include: individual assessment, withdrawal management (medication or non-medical); patient education; management of intoxication and withdrawal signs and symptoms by physicians and/or nurses.
Many Drug Rehab Facility providers use what is called “evidence-based approach” to treatment recovery, to achieve maximum results. Applying this method to patient’s drug rehab treatment can result in living a healthy and productive lifestyle without using drugs. Magellan Insurance supports this critical method of recovery, and the providers are chosen at their highest standards of services.
The several components of the successful treatment :
- Medication-assisted treatment. This method is used for both in-and out-patient services to help patients manage their cravings and reduce substance abuse.
- Office-Based Opioid Treatment Resources. This method can be effective and is used for patients who are able to live a normal life, and also receive treatment for their substance use disorder.
- Ambulatory Detoxification. This method is used to cleanse patient’s system of drugs or alcohol, and continue with drug rehab treatment to achieve life time of abstinence.
- Co-Occurring Disorders. Most patients with serious addiction problems, are often diagnosed for associated mental health disorder. For best results, the patient treatment will address both addiction problem and mental health condition.
Dr. Jacob Marshak