Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Alabama
The national opioid crisis highlights the urgency for quality treatment and care for people experiencing addiction. To meet this growing need, the state of Alabama’s Substance Abuse Services department manages a system to ensure rehab centers comply with evidence-based standards of care to get individuals the care that they need.
The Top Five Alabama Rehab Centers
Although the rates of addiction remain high, Alabama has excellent treatment facilities. The following rehab centers have earned a positive reputation based on treatment, effectiveness, and accreditation.
1. The Reprieve (Bradford Health Services), Opelika
This male-only program is rooted in spirituality, community, and the self. During the first six months of the year-long program, men develop positive relationships, personal growth, and life skills. During the second half of the program, participants work to reintegrate into the community through volunteerism and employment opportunities.
2. A Reprieve For Women (Bradford Health Services), Tuscaloosa
This female-only program offers a safe haven for women during a 12-step, six-month residential recovery program. With a focus on building self-esteem and remaining substance-free, women develop important life skills.
3. Fellowship House, Birmingham
Fellowship House is an inpatient program that provides afflicted people with a therapeutic environment. The focused recovery programs engage everyday people in group counseling, education, peer support systems, and vocational training. Treatment lengths vary and are based on individual needs.
4. Rapha Residential Alcohol And Drug Treatment Center, Attalla
Rapha Residential Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center is a non-profit treatment facility that focuses on positive Christian values and is accredited by the state of Alabama. The privately-operated facility offers up to one year of residential treatment for adult males.
5. Aletheia House, Birmingham
Aletheia House offers several addiction treatment programs for low-income individuals. Many of the programs are free or low-cost, including Women’s Hope and Men’s Residential, which are gender-specific and focus on employment assistance and building life skills.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Alabama Substance Abuse Statistics
Many people in Alabama suffer from addiction and dependence. The opioid crisis has undermined the lives of residents at a higher rate than the national average. These statistics highlight the need for immediate and effective drug rehabilitation and long-term care.
- A 2016 survey found most people seek treatment for heroin or methamphetamine addiction.
- In 2016, 343 people overdosed on opioids, resulting in 7.5 deaths for every 100,000 people in Alabama.
- Approximately 481 new cases of HIV were diagnosed in 2015. Of those, people injecting drugs accounted for 13.1 percent.
- In Alabama, alcohol is the most frequently used substance (43.9% of people over age 12 reported using alcohol in 2014-2015)
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Alabama
It’s important for people to consider that all rehabilitation centers are not the same. Yet, it’s crucial people suffering from addiction select a facility that meets their unique needs. Factors to consider include:
- Accreditation: The Joint Commission accreditation means the center meets the standards for quality of care. Other positive accreditations include the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and the state of Alabama.
- Evidence-Based Approaches: This is broadly used to define treatment based on current research and the latest science. It usually includes therapy, medications, or the combination of both.
- Length of Stay: Programs often range from as short as 30 days to extended programs that last six months or a year, which may include sober living facilities.
- Location: It may be in a person’s best interest to distance themselves from an unhealthy lifestyle, which means travel may be involved. On the other hand, the support and fellowship of friends, family, and community members can be vital to recovery.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: The importance of long-term care and support cannot be underestimated. Select a facility that offers long-term and ongoing support groups, counseling, mentoring programs, and other aftercare services.
- Payment: Many private health insurance policies cover at least a portion of the cost of rehab programs, while other policies provide full coverage. Check individual insurance plans for more details. Other rehab centers in Alabama offer free or low-cost services to low-income individuals.
Alabama Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Recent statistics compiled by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) show many people in Alabama struggle with drug and alcohol abuse. Fortunately, there is a wealth of programs available to help people take back their lives.
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Although these first-steps programs are often personalized to meet individual needs, they are based on ending substance abuse. The process includes clinical evaluation, stabilization, and program preparation.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): This approach engages the individual through a combination of FDA-approved medications in conjunction with behavioral therapy. It is sometimes referred to as the “whole person” approach.
- Behavioral Therapy: At the core, behavioral therapy targets self-defeating and unhealthy behaviors. The goal is to mold self-destructive behaviors into healthy ones. Common therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Substance use disorders are often accompanied by mental health conditions like depression or schizophrenia. Dual diagnosis programs provide integrated care to address the multiple facets of each disorder.
Finding Addiction Treatment
For a positive outcome, choose a program that provides the best opportunity for recovery. This might be a program in Alabama or another state. Traveling to treatment can be beneficial because it allows for a fresh perspective to begin recovery. The first step to a better life, however, starts with reaching out.