Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Idaho
In Idaho, the number of opioid-related overdose deaths increased by 50% in just one year. To prevent more deaths, effective treatment can promote long-lasting recovery. Fortunately, Idaho has several options when it comes to choosing a rehabilitation program.
The Top Three Idaho Rehab Centers
Although much of Idaho is wilderness, there are several options for addiction treatment. Here are three examples of quality rehab centers within the state.
1. Walker Center, Gooding
The Walker Center holds the reputation for being one of the best in Idaho and is respected throughout the Northwest. Understanding the scope of the disease, The Walker Centers works with both individuals and families to address everyone affected by addiction. By providing aftercare services, the center works to ensure a person has the tools needed to thrive in recovery.
2. Port Of Hope, Nampa & Coeur D’Alene
Port of Hope seeks to create a safe and home-like environment where a person can learn how to manage their addiction through classes, group therapy, and individual sessions. They offer inpatient treatment and intensive outpatient treatment to meet each person’s unique needs and support them in living a new life in recovery.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
3. Center For Behavioral Health Idaho, Meridian & Boise
The Center for Behavioral Health has treatment facilities around the country, including two in Idaho. Although the center specializes in opioid addiction treatment, their trained professionals can treat patients with various substance use disorders.
Idaho Substance Abuse Statistics
Although sparsely populated, substance abuse and drug trafficking are widespread in the state. Consider these statistics about drug and alcohol abuse in Idaho:
- Heroin trafficking increased 800% in 2016, continuing to challenge families, communities, and law enforcement.
- Arrests related to alcohol abuse have declined by nearly 50%, while drug-related arrests rose by 30%.
- 68% of opioid-related deaths in Idaho are attributed to prescription opioids.
- 15% of Idaho teens report they started drinking alcohol before age 13.
- Among women, over-consumption of alcohol, which often leads to dependence, is on the rise. Rates among men are rising at a slightly lower rate.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Idaho
Although there is no right treatment best for everyone, it’s important to know what constitutes as effective treatment. When a person is looking for a rehab program in Idaho, there are a few things they should always check out, including:
- Accreditation: Accreditation means a facility meets certain standards of care. Idaho rehab centers are accredited by the state, the Joint Commission, or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Evidence-based Approaches: Evidence-based programs are backed by science. They apply techniques that peer-reviewed studies have shown are effective at helping a person get on, and stay on, the recovery path.
- Length/Location: The length of stay will depend on several individual factors, but many programs are short-term (30 days) or long-term (more than 30 days). Traveling outside of Idaho may be necessary to reach a rehab center that makes sense for the person.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: After treatment, an individual leaving a safe and controlled environment may face life struggles that make it hard to stay in recovery. Aftercare services help promote lasting recovery and include support groups, outpatient counseling, and sober living homes.
- Payment: Insurance will often pay for drug and alcohol rehab. How much they pay depends on the insurance plan and rehab center. A person researching facilities should speak with their insurance company to learn more about their benefits.
Idaho Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
When exploring treatment options, it’s helpful to know some basic types of treatment. Through this knowledge, one seeking help can make better decisions about rehab choices. Consider the following:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Stopping drug or alcohol use may cause uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. Detox programs provide a controlled environment with medical supervision and support during the worst of withdrawal.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): For addictions to alcohol and opioids, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) involves the use of FDA-approved medications alongside therapy and counseling. These medications reduce cravings, lessen dependence, and increase participation in treatment.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy helps a person in recovery work with a therapist to replace harmful behaviors with healthier ones. Common therapies effective for treating addiction include dialectical behavior therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Addiction is a mental disorder and is often accompanied by other mental disorders like schizophrenia or depression. Dual diagnosis programs address both disorders with a combined approach by physicians, psychiatrists, and other professionals.
Finding Addiction Treatment
To learn more about treatment options in Idaho, reach out for help. There is much to consider when searching for the right treatment, and do not let travel or distance deter finding the best rehab center for the person suffering from addiction. Addiction is a treatable disease, and help is out there.