Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
4 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Kansas
Approximately 42 percent of adults in Kansas have tried an illicit drug at some point in their lives. In many cases, this kind of experimentation can lead to drug addiction that harms families and communities. Fortunately, Kansas offers several treatment options to ensure individuals receive the care that they need.
The Top Four Kansas Rehab Centers
There are exceptional rehab centers in Kansas, many of which meet quality standards of care. The following rehab centers were selected because of positive outcomes, tranquil settings, and accreditation.
1. Valley Hope, Norton & Atchison
Valley Hope has facilities in both Norton and Atchison. Established in 1967, they offer detox, residential, and outpatient treatment. They specialize in 12 Step programs and also provide family treatment and counseling.
2. Prairie View, Newton
Prairie View offers treatment for mental health disorders, substance abuse, age-related disorders, and other specialized services. Their addiction treatment services include inpatient and outpatient care, along with treatment for co-occurring disorders (dual diagnosis).
3. Miracles Inc., Wichita
Miracles, Inc., provides faith-based treatment for women and youths suffering from addiction and co-occurring (dual diagnosis) disorders. They provide both inpatient and outpatient behavioral health treatments, also offering transitional housing to homeless women who have been diagnosed with co-occurring disorders.
4. Recovery Unlimited, Wichita
Recovery Unlimited offers outpatient substance abuse and mental health treatment at both their east side and west side locations. They also offer anger management and domestic abuse classes to further address the whole person.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Kansas Substance Abuse Statistics
Like much of the nation, people who live in Kansas suffer from drug and alcohol addictions. Drug or alcohol use is a serious trend in the state, highlighted by the following statistics:
- Over 35 percent of people who live in Kansas have used marijuana or hashish sometime in their lives.
- It’s estimated over six percent of Kansans have used illegal drugs within the past month.
- It’s estimated around eight percent of Kansans suffer from alcoholism.
- Within a two year period, 968 people died from alcohol and drug-related deaths in Kansas.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Kansas
When considering where to go to treat a drug or alcohol addiction, it’s important to have a general understanding of what elements make treatment effective. When selecting a program, it’s important to consider the following:
- Accreditation: An accredited treatment program has qualified staff, safe conditions, and effective treatment methods. The accreditation comes from the Joint Commission, CARF, or the state of Kansas.
- Evidence-based Approaches: This means the treatment program uses scientifically and statistically proven methods to treat substance dependencies, like medications or therapy.
- Length/Location: Treatment lengths vary and are based on individual needs, with many programs lasting somewhere between a few weeks and a year. With an abundance of rehab centers available across the nation, it can be a good idea to travel out-of-state for treatment.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Many rehab centers offer aftercare and alumni services (ongoing support like AA, NA) to sustain recovery and healthy habits after treatment ends.
- Payment: Rehab programs are usually paid for by insurance, private pay, or a combination of both. Check with the insurance provider to find out if the plan covers drug or alcohol rehabilitation services.
Kansas Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
To better understand addiction treatment, it’s important to be aware of some essential rehab services. When looking for a rehab program, considered the following services:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox programs provide safety and comfort during the often uncomfortable process of withdrawal. The length of detox programs vary and depend on the substance of abuse, and also help prepare people for additional treatment.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-Assisted Treatment helps the person suffering from addiction reduce drug cravings and increase participation in treatment. MAT is most effective for addictions to opioids and alcohol and is used alongside therapy or counseling.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy works to change thinking and attitudes towards drugs or alcohol. People learn coping strategies to deal with the stresses of life and develop healthy habits for long-lasting recovery.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Many people suffering from addiction also struggle with another mental health disorder like depression or anxiety. Dual diagnosis programs use an integrated approach to address both conditions at the same time.
Finding Addiction Treatment
If you or a loved one suffers from addiction, it’s important to reach out and find help. There are several treatment centers in Kansas, but do research and find the one that is best for you or your loved one. The right one may not be next door, so be prepared to travel. Facing addiction and entering treatment is a hard choice, but ultimately worthwhile.