Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Iowa
Marijuana, meth, and opioids are some of the most commonly abused drugs in Iowa. Another major issue Iowa faces is alcohol abuse, as more than one in five adults report binge drinking. Fortunately, Iowa provides effective treatment for substance abuse and addiction through several highly rated facilities.
The Top Five Iowa Rehab Centers
There are exceptional drug and alcohol rehab centers in Iowa, with numerous options spread across the state. Examples of quality rehab centers include:
1. ASAC, Cedar Rapids
The Area Substance Abuse Council (ASAC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to treating substance use disorders and helping to prevent substance abuse. They offer 15 different locations throughout Iowa and offer onsite, outpatient, and transitional housing programs for those suffering from addiction.
2. House Of Mercy, Des Moines
The House of Mercy offers faith-based addiction treatment and mental health services for families experiencing addiction and mental health issues. They offer residential, onsite drug treatment programs and also offer child care services.
3. Sedlacek Treatment Center, Cedar Rapids
Sedlacek Treatment Center is part of Mercy Medical Center and offers drug and alcohol addiction treatment for both adults and youths. They offer small group sizes, confidentiality, and allow the family to be involved in treatment.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
4. Pathways Behavioral Services, Fredericksburg
Pathways Behavioral Services provides drug and alcohol treatment in a residential setting, extended outpatient program, and transitional housing. In most cases, the person with the addiction will be treated on an outpatient level while still working, living at home, or going to school.
5. Prairie Ridge Addiction Treatment Services, Mason City
Prairie Ridge Addiction Treatment Services offers residential, intensive outpatient, and addiction prevention programs. They also offer mental health services.
Iowa Substance Abuse Statistics
Opioids, marijuana, and alcohol are big problems in Iowa. To understand the scope of the drug problem in Iowa, consider the following statistics:
- There were 86 opioid-related deaths in 2016.
- Almost 22 percent of minors being treated for substance abuse suffer from alcohol use disorder.
- Iowa’s meth treatment rate is one of the highest in the U.S.
- ER visits related to marijuana use have increased 400 percent since 2006.
- People struggling with alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, and prescription opioid addictions increase their risk of using heroin.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Iowa
In many cases, drug and alcohol treatment starts with a detox program, followed by a more comprehensive treatment that involves counseling and other services. When choosing a program, it’s important to consider:
- Accreditation: An accredited treatment program means the center meets standards of quality care. Accreditation can come from the Joint Commission, CARF, or the state of Iowa.
- Evidence-based Approaches: This means the treatment program is scientifically and statistically proven to be effective in treating substance dependency. Examples include the use of medications and behavioral therapy.
- Length/Location: The length of treatment varies between a few weeks to 6 months, a year, or longer, and depends on individual needs. In some cases, the location of a quality rehab center may require out-of-state travel.
- Aftercare & Alumni Services: Some rehab centers offer aftercare and alumni services (ongoing support like AA, NA, or outpatient counseling), to help people manage addiction after treatment
- Payment: Will insurance pay for treatment? Does it require self-pay? What is the cost if the person has no insurance? These are questions to ask when considering payment, as payment varies widely and depends on particular insurance plans and rehab centers.
Iowa Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
When looking into a drug or alcohol rehab program, it helps to know what services should be provided. The following services are often considered essential components of effective care and treatment:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Drug and alcohol detox programs provide support as the body rids itself of harmful toxins. Medical supervision during the detox process allows staff to administer medications to alleviate the uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawal.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-Assisted treatment (MAT) helps people suffering from addictions to alcohol or opioids reduce drug cravings and lessen dependence. MAT is always used in combination with therapy or counseling.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is used to change behaviors and help people learn coping strategies to deal with the stresses of life. Instead of turning to their addiction, they learn to choose a healthier way of dealing with the stress.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): It isn’t uncommon for someone who suffers from addiction to suffer from another disorder such as bipolar disorder, PTSD, schizophrenia, depression, or anxiety. Dual diagnosis programs treat both addiction and the mental disorder at the same time.
Finding Addiction Treatment
If you or a loved one suffers from addiction, reach out and find help. There are many effective treatment centers in Iowa, but do research and find one best for you or your loved one. While there is no right treatment best for everyone, be prepared to travel to a rehab center if it feels like the right fit.