Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Michigan
Substance abuse is a serious issue in Michigan that leads to far too many deaths each year. Fortunately, Michigan is home to several top-notch treatment facilities dedicated to the treatment of each individual.
The Top Five Michigan Rehab Centers
Some of the best treatment centers in Michigan have a solid reputation for success, offer customized treatment programs, and provide aftercare services. Some of the best rehab centers in Michigan include:
1. Ascension Brighton Center For Recovery, Brighton
The Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery on Grand River Avenue was one of the first licensed treatment providers in Michigan. The center provides several different treatment programs, including both inpatient and outpatient treatment. Ongoing support programs are also available.
2. Great Lakes Recovery Centers, Marquette
Great Lakes Recovery Centers is a non-profit agency that serves the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. This organization operates four residential treatment facilities and 10 outpatient offices. All programs are tailored to meet the needs of each individual, offering specialized programs for men, women, and adolescents.
3. Narconon, Albion
Narconon offers a variety of programs, including the facility’s drug-free withdrawal and new life detoxification programs. Narconon also provides residential addiction treatment in a stress-free environment located on 10 private acres.
4. Harbor Hall, Petoskey
Founded in 1973, Harbor Hall began as a halfway house but has evolved into a residential addiction treatment center for adult males. Programs currently available include withdrawal management, outpatient treatment, residential treatment, and transitional living.
5. The Guidance Center, Southgate
Located in Southgate, The Guidance Center provides addiction treatment services for both adolescents and adults. The Guidance Center has been in operation since 1958 and provides individual therapy, group therapy, psychiatric services, and more.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Michigan Substance Abuse Statistics
Over the last few decades, the severity of the substance abuse in Michigan has worsened. These statistics demonstrate the current need for high-quality treatment programs in Michigan:
- Nearly one-fourth of all unintentional drug poisoning deaths in Michigan were caused by opioid analgesics, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- According to a survey by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, more than 10 percent of Michigan residents over the age of 12 admitted to using illicit drugs in the past month.
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the rate of drug abuse in Michigan is slightly lower than the national average, but more than 5 percent of the population is still affected.
- SAMHSA also reports that approximately 46,781 people were enrolled in substance use treatment on any given day in Michigan in 2015.
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the average rate of opioid-related deaths in Michigan is 18.5 per 100,000, higher than the national average.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Michigan
Inpatient programs are intensive and structured, which helps clients tune out the outside world and focus on the recovery program. To choose the best program, people should consider several different factors to make an informed decision. These factors include:
- Accreditation: Programs that meet certain standards may qualify for accreditation from different organizations, including the Joint Commission, CARF, and the state of Michigan. Accreditation indicates the rehab program offers high-quality services.
- Evidence-based Approaches: An evidence-based approach has been designed to reflect the results of reputable scientific studies. In general, evidence-based approaches are superior to those not based on scientific evidence.
- Length/Location: The length of treatment a client needs may vary, with some programs lasting fewer than 30 days and others for more than a year. Traveling out-of-state for treatment may be required to enter the best program for the person.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: After completing an addiction treatment program, people may still struggle with cravings and other triggers that make relapse more likely. Some facilities offer aftercare and alumni services designed to help clients deal with these ongoing issues.
- Payment: Clients may pay for rehab programs using insurance or by paying out-of-pocket. However, insurance coverage depends on the individual plan, the person’s medical history, and the treatment provider. Check with the insurance company for more information.
Michigan Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Not all rehab facilities will offer the same services. Some of the most popular treatment services used by clients in the state of Michigan include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: One of the most difficult parts of the recovery process is detoxification, or when patients experience intense withdrawal symptoms. Detox programs provide support and medications (when necessary) in a safe environment.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-assisted treatment programs combine medication with psychotherapy to make treatment more comfortable and effective.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is the most common addiction treatment approach and works to change behaviors and thoughts related to drugs or alcohol. Therapy also helps clients identify triggers and develop coping skills to reduce the risk of relapse.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Many people with substance use disorders also struggle with other mental health issues like schizophrenia or depression. Dual diagnosis programs are designed to address both disorders together to give clients a better chance of successful recovery.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Those searching for addiction treatment in Michigan can find the best facility for their needs by considering their priorities and comparing options carefully. People should receive an individual assessment to determine the best route of care and be aware they may need to travel for treatment.