Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Montana
Montana is home to soaring mountains and big blue skies, but it also has the highest rate of alcohol-related deaths in the United States. Fortunately, Montana is home to several compassionate and high-quality rehab centers dedicated to the needs of each individual.
The Top Five Montana Rehab Centers
Health and law officials in Montana have adopted a multi-faceted approach to protect the health of its residents, including education programs and special drug-reduction projects. There are also traditional rehab facilities across the state, including these top performers:
1. Rocky Mountain Treatment Center, Great Falls
Rocky Mountain Treatment center offers equine therapy along with more familiar treatment methods like family, 12-Step, and aftercare programs. The center places an emphasis on healthy living by providing a variety of therapies to address the whole person.
2. Crystal Creek Lodge Treatment, Browning
Crystal Creek offers a dual diagnosis program targeted to help those with both mental health and substance abuse issues. Short-term and long-term residential programs are offered, including programs tailored to seniors and pregnant or postpartum women.
3. Montana Chemical Dependency Center (MCDC), Butte
MCDC is a 48-bed unit and the only state-run inpatient facility in Montana. Cost of treatment is based on the patient’s ability to pay, and an interdisciplinary team is on staff to assist patients with all aspects of addiction.
4. Gateway Community Services, Great Falls
The recovery philosophy at Gateway revolves around a multi-disciplinary approach that includes psychologists, clergy, medical doctors, and social workers. Gateway Community Services also offers two programs for adolescents: the Adolescent Substance Abuse Program and the Intensive Adolescent Substance Abuse Program.
5. Community Medical Services (CMS), Missoula
Community Medical Services offers outpatient treatment in Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, and Kalispell. CMS focuses on treating opioid dependence with special attention to pregnant women, returning vets, the hearing impaired, and those within the criminal justice system.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Montana Substance Abuse Statistics
Alcohol is the most widely abused substance in Montana, with high rates of consumption often beginning in adolescence. Montana is also seeing a sharp rise in the use of methamphetamine, heroin, and other opioids. Consider the following statistics:
- One in 10 residents of Montana are dependent on drugs or alcohol.
- Nearly 20% of adults in Montana admit to binge drinking in the last 30 days and nearly 8% are classified as heavy drinkers, which is higher than the national average of 6.2%.
- The suicide rate in Montana is double that of the U.S. on average. Suicide and substance use are often related.
- More than 100 people die each year from drug overdose in Montana—a state with fewer than one million people.
- The Montana State Crime Lab reported a 475% increase in heroin use between 2013 and 2017.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Montana
Due to its size, proximity to a treatment center may be a limiting factor when seeking help in Montana. However, choosing the nearest facility may not always be the best choice. There are several factors to consider when looking for a treatment program, including:
- Accreditation: Accreditation means a facility meets or exceeds all state standards of care. Most rehab centers will be accredited by one or more body, typically by the Joint Commission, CARF, or the state of Montana.
- Evidence-based Approaches: Evidence-based approaches refer to treatment methods that have been scientifically studied and shown to be effective. This includes evidence-based behavioral therapies or medication-assisted treatment.
- Length/Location: Rehab facilities in Montana offer programs ranging from 30 to 120 days or longer, but individual needs will determine the length of treatment. While there are facilities within the state, relocation or travel may be required to find the best option.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: The best rehab centers offer aftercare services following treatment, which can include support groups, outpatient counseling, or sober living homes.
- Payment: Most facilities accept private pay, insurance, or a combination of both. Contact an insurance representative to determine coverage of rehabilitation services. Be prepared to discuss your insurance plan with the rehab center.
Montana Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Facilities in Montana offer several different approaches and services to substance abuse treatment. Understanding effective programs are helpful for finding the best center. Consider these common programs/services:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox is usually the first step in rehabilitation, which may cause unpleasant or even dangerous symptoms of withdrawal. It’s important to have a qualified medical team assisting with the process.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): This refers to programs that combine the use of FDA-approved medications with therapy or counseling services.
- Behavioral Therapy: The most common form of addiction treatment that seeks to modify a patient’s unwanted behaviors by replacing them with healthier habits.
- Treatment for Co-occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): This typically includes treatment that addresses both addiction and mental illness with an integrated, or multidisciplinary, approach to care.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Reach out to family and friends, ask clergy, or consult medical care providers for assistance. While easy access and affordability are practical considerations, choosing the best facility may require research and a willingness to travel.