Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Nevada
Nevada is facing a significant substance abuse epidemic that requires decisive state action. The state’s Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency (SAPTA) has developed intervention services, like a 24-7 crisis support line, to focus on both prevention and recovery. Nevada also has several rehab facilities to ensure everyone gets the help that they need.
The Top Five Nevada Rehab Centers
The first stage of any rehab strategy is to find treatment centers. Nevada has a large population of drug and alcohol rehab programs to choose from, and each offer different care options and features. The top five in this state include:
1. Mission Treatment Centers, Las Vegas & Henderson
Mission Treatment specializes in opioid addiction with services such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT), courtesy dosing, and medically supervised withdrawal. The center provides outpatient care to address the needs of those suffering from opioid addiction.
2. WestCare Nevada, Multiple Locations
Affiliated with the WestCare Foundation, WestCare Nevada is a nonprofit organization with several locations throughout the state. It started in 1973 as the Fitzsimmons House, but now offers both residential and outpatient treatment for substance use disorders.
3. Solutions Recovery, Las Vegas
Solutions Recovery provides a comprehensive care plan to begin their residential program. While living in the facility, patients work on changing behaviors and improving interpersonal skills. Solutions Recovery also provides an intensive outpatient program that includes individual therapy and continued care planning.
4. Las Vegas Recovery Center, Las Vegas
The Las Vegas Recovery Center offers a full spectrum of care. Their addiction treatment includes MAT, inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs. Other benefits include family and employer support services.
5. Seven Hills Hospital, Henderson
Seven Hills Hospital is a vast healthcare network in Las Vegas. Their Behavioral Health and Addiction program is available for adolescents, adults, and seniors. During the program, individuals have access to detox, partial hospitalization, and outpatient care.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Nevada Substance Abuse Statistics
The state of Nevada has an escalating opioid addiction problem stemming from the overuse of prescription drug medication. In 2014, it was one of seven states chosen to participate in the Prescription Drug Abuse Reduction Policy Academy. Other critical statistics associated with substance abuse in Nevada include:
- Nevada is the second highest ranked state for hydrocodone and oxycodone abuse in the nation.
- Eight percent of high school students report using an inhalant to get high. The national average is 7 percent.
- Nine percent of the population over age 12 abuse alcohol, or 201,000 people.
- Forty-one percent of people who enter rehab in Nevada have both a drug and alcohol problem.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Nevada
Given the rising statistics for both drug and alcohol abuse in Nevada, the state is working hard to improve the quality of treatment. When searching for the right rehab program, it’s crucial to understand what criteria to look for, including:
- Accreditation: The state of Nevada issues licenses for all drug and alcohol rehab facilities. Also, organizations like The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and The Joint Commission can accredit facilities that meet certain standards of quality care.
- Evidence-based Approaches: This refers to the gold standard for developing treatment programs with three essential components: clinical experience, scientifically researched evidence, and patient preferences.
- Length/Location: The length of the program will vary based on need, but most residential plans range between 30 and 120 days. In some cases, the best options available may require families to travel.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Rehabilitation continues after treatment with aftercare services, like peer therapy and sober living, to help people transition to normal life and reduce the risk of relapse. Look for centers that provide aftercare and partner with local organizations like AA or NA.
- Payment: Although most insurance providers do cover rehab services, there may be some out-of-pocket expense to consider. Families can draw from health savings account, take out a loan, or apply for financing from the treatment facility.
Nevada Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Nevada has a wide variety of rehab options to consider, including ones that specialize in opioid or alcohol addiction. Because of the countless options, it’s important to understand some common programs essential to quality care:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: A medically supervised detox program helps control the potentially dangerous side effects of drug or alcohol withdrawal. Support is provided in a safe environment with medical personnel that may use medication to help manage symptoms.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): MAT programs use FDA-approved drugs like methadone or Suboxone to reduce cravings and lessen dependence. Medication is always used along with therapy or counseling.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is the most common form of addiction treatment and works to change behaviors associated with drugs or alcohol. In therapy, a person learns how to identify triggers and develop coping skills.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Many people abusing drugs or alcohol have an underlying mental health problem like depression or bipolar disorder. Dual diagnosis programs address both the addiction and the mental health condition at the same time to reduce the risk of relapse.
Finding Addiction Treatment
It takes dedication and lots of research to find the right treatment center. Families should be prepared to travel around if necessary and thoroughly investigate the services at each facility. It’s okay to ask for help, which can be a difficult first step.