Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in New Mexico
In New Mexico, there are many people suffering from substance abuse who need help restoring their quality of life. New Mexico takes substance abuse and treatment very seriously by offering a number of solutions to families and individuals seeking quality care.
The Top Five New Mexico Rehab Centers
Here are the top five rehabilitation centers in New Mexico and information that may help for deciding which one works best:
1. Adult Addiction Recovery Center At Mesilla Valley Hospital, Las Cruces
This recovery center features an inpatient program for substance abuse. The program offers in-depth sessions that focus on triggers, along with relapse prevention tools and skills for coping. All programs are medically managed and monitored.
2. Recovery Services Of New Mexico, Albuquerque
The mission of this program is to treat substance abuse. They provide counseling services, as well as treatment for the incarcerated in conjunction with the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center.
3. Hoy Recovery Program, Espanola
This treatment program offers both regular and intensive outpatient and residential treatment services, focusing on holistic healing. They provide individual/group counseling, acupuncture, exercise, and meditation to promote healing of the mind and body. The program also provides gender-specific residence halls in a highly structured environment.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
4. Santa Fe Recovery Center, Santa Fe
This is an accredited, substance abuse treatment program that blends the traditional 12-step philosophy with empirically based treatment practices. They offer both outpatient and residential treatment options. The outpatient program features both regular and intensive services.
5. Presbyterian Medical Services, Santa Fe
This facility has crisis intervention, individual and family counseling, outpatient substance abuse programs, and other options for individuals suffering from addiction.
New Mexico Substance Abuse Statistics
In 2015, New Mexico had the eighth highest drug overdose rate in the nation. Since 1990, New Mexico’s death rate for alcohol-related injuries has been among the highest in the nation, ranging from 1.4 to 1.8 times the national rate. According to the New Mexico Health Department:
- Hispanic men age 25-54 had the highest total drug overdose death rate between 2011-2015.
- The drug overdose rate among women was primarily due to prescription drug use.
- During 2008-2015, alcohol-related poisoning deaths replaced motor vehicle crashes as the leading cause of alcohol-related death in New Mexico.
- Nine New Mexico counties have more than twice the US rate of alcohol-related deaths.
- In New Mexico, males are two to four times more likely to suffer alcohol-related death than women.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In New Mexico
There are many factors involved in choosing the right rehabilitation program. Depending on the level of treatment needed, an individual may require inpatient residential care. Due diligence is key in determining whether or not the facility will meet all needs. Here are a few considerations:
- Accreditation: Accreditation boards include the Joint Commission, CARF, or certification from the state of New Mexico. Accredited facilities demonstrate a high level of quality and care they provide for their patients.
- Evidence-based Approaches: Facilities that use evidence-based approaches develop treatment plans based on clinical research. These approaches address addiction and its consequences for the individual, family, and society.
- Length/Location: The length of the treatment programs vary and depend on the person and the particular program. In general, programs last between 30 and 120 days or longer. Travel may also be required if the best program is out-of-state.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Most treatment centers offer aftercare programs to continue receiving support after treatment ends. This helps ensure the patient remains on the right track.
- Payment: Many facilities accept insurance and Medicaid, which may pay for all or a portion of treatment. Check the details of the insurance plan and touch base with the rehab center to see what’s covered.
New Mexico Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
With the rates of alcohol and substance abuse so high in the New Mexico area, there are a number of options available to individuals seeking assistance. Common programs/services include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox programs are designed to help people manage uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawal when they stop use. Medical supervision, access to medications, and professional support may be included.
- Medication-assisted Treatment: Medication-assisted treatment combines government-approved medications with therapy and counseling to address addictions to alcohol and opioids.
- Behavioral Therapy: This is the most common form of addiction treatment and works to change thinking and attitudes about drugs or alcohol. Common therapies include dialectical behavior therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Treatment for Co-occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Dual diagnosis programs usually take place within inpatient residential treatment. These types of programs are intensive and use an integrated approach to address both mental health and addiction.
Finding Addiction Treatment
The first step in finding the right treatment program is being completely transparent to the needs of the individual. Carefully evaluate symptoms and current behaviors to help determine the best course of action. Additionally, everyone should be prepared to travel in order to find the best solution.