Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in North Dakota
Methamphetamine and heroin drug offenses are on the rise in North Dakota. In 2015, methamphetamine charges were almost six times higher than they were in 2010, and heroin-related offenses increased 4,300% in a five-year period. Thankfully, North Dakota has several addiction treatment facilities to help address this growing problem.
The Top Five North Dakota Rehab Centers
North Dakota is home to many superb addiction programs, as well as quality detox facilities and aftercare support. To stay informed on the best treatment options, here are five quality North Dakota rehab centers:
1. Heartview Foundation, Bismarck
Offering a specialized opioid response program, this treatment facility is equipped with the most current interventions for opioid/opiate withdrawal and treatment. Heartview Foundationencourages family involvement and provides education, support, and group participation for the entire family.
2. North Dakota State Hospital, Jamestown
This state hospital offers short-term residential treatment for both substance abuse and mental health concerns. If a longer stay is needed, the hospital provides trustworthy referrals for other reputable inpatient services.
3. ShareHouse, Inc., Fargo
In addition to residential and outpatient services, ShareHouse offers exceptional focus groups to accompany the addiction recovery process. Some topics include anger management, distress tolerance skills, gender-specific community needs, relationship skills, and how shame fuels addiction.
4. Trinity Health Behavioral Health Services, Minot
Trinity Health provides acute inpatient care and aftercare programs for substance abuse. If needed, treatment can also include skills for coping with stress, anger, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and suicidal ideation.
5. New Freedom Center, Bismarck
This residential treatment setting provides inpatient care, drug and alcohol detox, long-term interventions, and aftercare support. Aftercare may involve sober living programs, outpatient services with individual and group therapy, and 12-step involvement.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
North Dakota Substance Abuse Statistics
In North Dakota, alcohol is the primary substance of abuse for those receiving treatment. However, treatment for methamphetamine and heroin abuse has increased in recent years. Other troubling statistics include:
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse reported 54 opioid-related drug overdose deaths in North Dakota in 2016. This amounts to nearly 8 deaths for every 100,000 individuals.
- In 2016, the rate of adult binge drinking in North Dakota was 24.8%, much higher than the national average of 16.9%.
- Reported meth abuse nearly doubled between 2012 and 2015; heroin abuse increased from 1% to 6% of the population during the same time period.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In North Dakota
Different rehab centers have different accountability systems to ensure the facility maintains integrity and uses the latest research to treat addiction. When looking for a program in North Dakota, consider a few crucial elements of treatment:
- Accreditation: Accreditation means a facility meets certain standards of care monitored by oversight organizations like the Joint Commission or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Evidenced-based Approaches: When treatment is evidenced-based, it means it has been thoroughly studied in addiction-focused data tracking. These approaches contribute to both short-term and long-term success.
- Length/Location: Program lengths vary between 30 and 120 days or longer, though length is often determined by an individual assessment. If local programs don’t meet individual needs, then traveling out-of-state may be necessary in some cases.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Many rehab programs provide aftercare services to help people maintain long-lasting recovery. Services may include sober living communities, support groups, or outpatient counseling.
- Payment: Oftentimes insurance plans will cover some or all of the cost of a rehab program. To determine coverage, it’s important for a person seeking treatment to speak to their insurance company before enrolling.
North Dakota Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
When considering drug and alcohol treatment, it’s helpful to become familiar with some essential services and programs. Here are some effective services offered within effective rehab programs:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: One of the first interventions for addiction is managing withdrawal symptoms as the body detoxifies from the substance. These programs usually last anywhere from 24 to 72 hours or longer and involve medical attention and observation.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of government-approved medications with therapy. MAT is evidence-based and shown to help with reducing cravings, lessening dependence, and promoting engagement in treatment.
- Behavioral Therapy: Common behavioral therapies used in addiction treatment are cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), which work to change thinking and attitudes about drugs or alcohol.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Other mental health issues, like depression, often co-occur with addiction. Dual diagnosis programs means multiple professionals address both addiction and the mental health condition at the same time.
Finding Addiction Treatment
North Dakota features plenty of addiction treatment options. The key is to be willing to reach out for help, do research, and ask important questions. If the right program isn’t in North Dakota, consider traveling out-of-state for the best option.