Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Ohio
Ohio is one of the states suffering the most from America’s opioid epidemic. The rate of opioid-related deaths in Ohio has tripled since 2010, bringing it to over double the national average. Fortunately, Ohio is also home to several top-notch rehab facilities dedicated to treating the needs of each unique individual.
The Top Five Ohio Rehab Centers
Concerns over the rise of heroin use, and other addictive substances, has spurred Ohio to offer more quality programs across the state. Here are five of the best rehab centers in the state:
1. The Bluffs, Sherrodsville
The Bluffs maintains a retreat-like setting where evidence-based treatment options are combined with modern medical care. A personal treatment plan is created for each patient to best support long-term recovery, offering specialized programs for pregnant women, people with dual diagnosis, and those with heroin/opioid addiction.
2. Center For Addiction Treatment (CAT), Cincinnati
Center for Addiction Treatment (CAT) provides residential and outpatient services for residents of the Tristate area. First founded in 1970, CAT was a ground-breaking facility believing addiction was a disease and not a personal failure. Today, CAT provides treatment for patients with addictions to alcohol, drugs, and gambling.
3. New Directions, Cleveland
New Directions offers individual, group and family counseling, and home-based recovery programs. The staff at New Direction is especially concerned with helping people develop and maintain long-term goals for their ongoing health.
4. Glenbeigh, Rock Creek
Glenbeigh maintains six outpatient centers throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania, as well as inpatient and extended treatment programs. Gender-specific treatment, treatment aimed at helping professionals, dual diagnosis services, and relapse-prevention programs are also available.
5. Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers, Youngstown & Mahoning Valley
Neil Kennedy Recovery Centers are a service of Gateway Rehab. Originally founded as one of America’s first facilities for the treatment of alcoholism, the center expanded to also help those suffering from drug dependency under the Executive Director, Neil Kennedy, providing residential and outpatient services.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Ohio Substance Abuse Statistics
The rise of opioid use in Ohio, both with prescription medications and heroin, has created a specific type of health crises in the state. Several state programs and interventions have been launched in response. The following highlights the current crisis in Ohio:
- Ohio is one of five states with the highest rates of drug-related overdose deaths.
- Nearly one death from drug overdose occurs every three hours in Ohio.
- Fentanyl is involved in approximately 38% of deaths by overdose.
- Ohio has invested almost $1 billion dollars to combat the drug-related health crisis.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Ohio
Due to the opioid crisis, many new rehab programs specialize in the treatment of heroin and prescription-opioid addiction. However, not everyone suffering from substance abuse is best served in an opioid-focused facility. Other factors can weigh heavily in the choice of rehab program, including:
- Accreditation: An accredited facility maintains standards set forward by the state or national government. Look for centers accredited by one or more body, including the Joint Commission, CARF, or the state of Ohio.
- Evidence-based Approaches: Evidence-based treatments are those which have been scientifically tested to treat addiction. Rehab facilities that provide proper medical care and evidence-based behavioral therapies improve the chances for long-term recovery.
- Length: Generally, Ohio residential programs last 30 to 120 days or longer, but likely depend on an initial individual assessment.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: The best programs provide aftercare services to promote recovery. Services may include support groups, outpatient counseling, and sober-living homes.
- Payment: Insurance, private pay, credit cards, and even in-house financing are some payment options. For those with insurance, be sure to check with the insurance company to find out which services are covered.
Ohio Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Ohio is actively developing new strategies to reduce illegal drug sales and improve access to treatment. There are several services and programs offered by Ohio rehab centers shown to be especially successful, including:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Some facilities provide medical detox programs or a medical team to oversee the uncomfortable process of withdrawal. This helps prepare them for treatment in a safe environment.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): MAT combines FDA-approved medications with other treatments like AA, cognitive behavioral therapy, or family therapy.
- Behavioral Therapy: This is used to address destructive behaviors like drug or alcohol abuse. Therapy helps teach patients how to replace harmful behaviors with healthy, more desirable habits.
- Treatment for Co-occurring Disorders: Many people suffer from both addiction and a mental health disorder. Typically referred to as “dual diagnosis” treatment, these programs simultaneously address both disorders.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Finding treatment begins with making a phone call. Support programs in Ohio are growing to meet the state’s current demand. While choosing the best facility takes a bit of research, reaching out is an easy first step for building a better life.