Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Oklahoma
Oklahoma ranks number two in the nation when it comes to the prevalence of substance use disorders. The state of Oklahoma spent more than $37 million in 2017 to combat the surging disease, investing in quality drug and alcohol addiction treatment. Now, Oklahoma offers several rehabilitation programs to help set individuals on the path to recovery.
The Top Five Oklahoma Rehab Centers
Oklahoma is home to effective addiction treatment facilities, drug and alcohol detox programs, aftercare options, and self-help groups. Take a look at the top Oklahoma rehab centers and explore ways to stay informed on the best treatment options:
1. Brookhaven Hospital, Tulsa
Brookhaven Hospital offers psychiatric evaluations, individual, group, and family therapy, 12-step programs, and relapse prevention programs upon discharge. The facility also provides medication support and supervision for those detoxing off certain substances known for severe withdrawal symptoms.
2. Valley Hope, Oklahoma City And Cushing
Oklahoma’s Valley Hope offers detoxification services, residential treatment, outpatient programs, family education and support, and a special program called “Fly to Recovery.” This last program assists families in finding the right fit for the location of a treatment center.
3. 12 & 12, Tulsa
The 12 & 12 treatment center of Tulsa is one of the largest and most comprehensive inpatient addiction facilities in northeastern Oklahoma. This center offers addiction treatment to both men and women and provides group and individual counseling, as well as an alumni association that offers regular 12-step group and speaker meetings during treatment.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
4. Gateway To Prevention And Recovery, Chandler
In addition to individual, group, and family counseling, Gateway offers treatment for trauma and continuing care opportunities for those in early recovery. This facility also provides prevention services to educate families and children of those struggling with addiction.
5. Palmer, Tulsa
Palmer provides a residential women’s program for pregnant or parenting mothers and their children. This program allows children to remain on campus while their mothers complete residential treatment. The program addresses both chemical dependency and the need for enhanced parenting skills.
Oklahoma Substance Abuse Statistics
Oklahoma has seen its share of drug-related accidents, and children left without parents, due to overdoses during the opioid epidemic. Consider the following statistics:
- Oklahoma saw 444 opioid-related overdose fatalities in 2016. This amounts to 11.6 fatalities per 100,000 individuals (lower than the national average).
- For all substances combined, Oklahoma had 813 drug-related deaths in 2016.
- Of the 682 cases of Hepatitis C in 2015, 62.5 percent resulted from intravenous drug use.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Oklahoma
Addiction treatment facilities are often overseen by various organizations to ensure quality treatment. During the search for a rehab program in Oklahoma, it’s helpful to understand a few aspects of quality addiction treatment, including:
- Accreditation: When a facility meets certain standards of care, accreditations may be given out by the Joint Commission, CARF, or the state of Oklahoma itself. This means the program is effective, safe, and staffs qualified professionals.
- Evidenced-based Approaches: Evidenced-based approaches have been scientifically studied in addiction-specific research. These studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of certain treatments like cognitive behavioral therapy and 12-step facilitation.
- Length/Location: The average addiction treatment programs range from 30 to 90 days, with some lasting a year or longer. Length is often determined by an individual assessment. Travel plans might be needed if the best program is located out-of-state.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Aftercare options and alumni support includes support groups like AA, NA, or Celebrate Recovery. Sponsorship and outpatient services are often provided by the treatment facility or rehab program.
- Payment: Insurance companies often cover some or all of the cost of treatment. However, every plan is different. It’s good to talk to an insurance agent before committing to a program, so the person can determine coverage.
Oklahoma Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
When a person is seeking drug and alcohol treatment, it’s important to become familiar with some basic programs essential for quality care. Here are a few commonly used programs and services:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox programs typically range from 24 to 72 hours or longer and provide medical supervision and management of withdrawal symptoms. Staff may provided medication to alleviate uncomfortable symptoms.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-assisted treatment, or MAT, is effective for reducing drug cravings and avoiding symptoms of withdrawal. MAT involves the use of FDA-approved medications with therapy or counseling.
- Behavioral Therapy: Two common types of behavioral therapy used in addiction treatment are cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), which work to promote healthy attitudes and behaviors.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Many rehab programs offer treatment for both addiction and other mental health conditions like anxiety, depression, or trauma. Dual diagnosis programs address both conditions with an integrated approach, or multiple professionals like psychiatrists, doctors, and therapists.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Addiction is a treatable disease and the first step is admitting there’s a problem. Then, be prepared to seek out needed support, do research, and ask important questions. Travel is often necessary for finding the right program, as there are several quality programs located across the country.