Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in South Carolina
In 2016, people in South Carolina filled more than 5 million opioid prescriptions, and with the increased use of other illicit drugs like methamphetamine and alcohol, more South Carolina residents and their loved ones are in need of effective treatment options. Fortunately, South Carolina offers a variety of high-quality treatment options for those in need.
The Top 5 South Carolina Rehab Centers
South Carolina offers people suffering from addiction many tranquil, safe, and supportive rehabilitation options. Finding quality addiction treatment can be an overwhelming task, but here are some centers that check out.
1. Carolinas Hospital System: Bruce Hall, Florence
At Carolinas Hospital System, rehabilitation services are centered around creating a supportive environment. Depending on individual needs, people can take advantage of treatment options such as medically managed inpatient detox, daily group therapy, in-house 12-step meetings, and family therapy.
2. Chrysalis Center, Florence
The Chrysalis Center offers a unique rehabilitation program for women with an extended residential treatment program and aftercare support. To better help their clients achieve long-term success, children up to the age of 10 can live on-site with their mothers during treatment.
3. Morris Village Alcohol And Drug Addiction Treatment Center, Columbia
Morris Village offers an adult inpatient addiction treatment program – which was developed under the Division of Inpatient Services of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health. Their comprehensive services include medically assisted detox and individual treatment programs geared towards women, men, and young adults.
4. Shoreline Behavioral Health Services: Women’s Recovery Center, Conway
Shoreline Behavioral Health Services: Women’s Recovery Center provides residential addiction treatment for women at risk of losing their children to the foster care system. Some of the services offered here include medication-assisted treatment, intensive outpatient care, intervention services, inpatient care, and aftercare support.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
5. Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health, Charleston
Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health provides treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health issues. Offering rehabilitation services for clients of all ages, some programs include medically assisted detox, outpatient treatment, inpatient treatment, and aftercare services.
South Carolina Substance Abuse Statistics
The opioid epidemic has affected nearly every community in South Carolina, spreading across social classes, races, and all walks of life. Alcohol is also a major issue in South Carolina, especially for young people. Here are some statistics:
- 18% of high school students in South Carolina try alcohol before the age of 13.
- In 2017, 18.5% of adults admitted to binge drinking on one or more occasion within a 30 day period.
- In 2016, 550 deaths in South Carolina were related to prescription opioid overdose.
- First responders administered naloxone (an opioid overdose reversal medication) 397 times within a single zip code in 2016, and 6,400 total.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In South Carolina
Early intervention and research into specific treatment programs are both vital to a successful recovery. Inpatient care programs are effective for people who require structure and close monitoring. When searching for the right program, keep the following factors in mind:
- Accreditation: Accreditation is a formal evaluation that shows a treatment center meets certain standards of care set by the Joint Commission, CARF, or other oversight organizations. In some cases, facilities may be licensed or certified by South Carolina.
- Evidence-based Approaches: Evidence-based approaches are clinically proven treatment methods for addiction. They have been studied, researched, and put to the test. One example is a therapy called motivational interviewing for stimulant addiction.
- Length/Location: Treatment length varies and is usually determined by an individual assessment. Inpatient programs may last between 28-90 days or longer. To find the best program, consider traveling out-of-state for the right fit.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Many rehab centers provide aftercare services, or a continuum of care, as part of their offered treatment program. This may include partnering with support groups, coordinating peer sponsorship, or outpatient counseling.
- Payment: Rehab programs are generally paid for with a combination of insurance and private pay. Be sure to check with the insurance provider to determine coverage, and then double-check the rehab center accepts that insurance.
South Carolina Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Some of the different types of drug and alcohol addiction treatment services found throughout South Carolina include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox programs provide safety and support as a person experiences uncomfortable symptoms of withdrawal. The goal of these programs is to help a person prepare for treatment.
- Behavioral Therapy: This focuses on recognizing triggers and developing positive coping skills. Common therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): This advanced substance abuse treatment method works to combine behavioral therapy with FDA-approved medications to treat alcohol and opioid addictions.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders: Addiction often co-occurs with underlying mental health conditions like trauma or anxiety. This treatment is designed to treat both conditions at the same time with a multidisciplinary approach.
Finding Addiction Treatment In South Carolina
Never hesitate to reach out for help. Whether someone decides to ask friends and family or they begin their search online, it’s important to remember those with addiction are not alone. Individuals may want to consider traveling out-of-state for the best options as they begin their journey towards a better life.