Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Tennessee
Tennessee works to ensure that anyone in need of addiction treatment gets access to an evidence-based program. This is accomplished by providing a variety of treatment facilities designed to treat the unique needs of each patient.
The Top Five Tennessee Rehab Centers
Tennessee provides a program for those who have no insurance or other means of getting help. For other residents, there are many rehab centers to choose from, including these top five:
1. Focus Treatment Centers, Chattanooga
Focus Treatment Centers format their treatment plans using a framework built on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT is a proven approach for helping those with addiction return to a meaningful life of sobriety.
2. Brookhaven Retreat, Seymour
Brookhaven Retreat is a women’s only residential and aftercare facility that uses nature as a healing tool. Nestled on 48 acres at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, Brookhaven views substance abuse as a symptom of a more significant problem. Their treatment strategies look to heal the whole woman.
3. Youth Town, Pinson
Youth Town is a Christian-based treatment center for boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 17. They take a unique approach to dealing with addiction, which is built around making treatment an adventure. Youth Town in a residential facility, but they encourage family visits and home passes during treatment.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
4. Pathways Of Tennessee, Jackson
Pathways is a multifaceted community health center that provides not just addiction treatment, but medical, dental, and mental health care. The program offers adult residential and outpatient substance use disorder treatment and actively participates in the state’s Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program.
5. Council For Alcohol & Drug Abuse Services (CADAS), Chattanooga
CADAS is a non-profit, residential treatment facility that offers separate programs for adults and adolescents with both outpatient and residential care. CADAS also provides a dual diagnosis program, which treats a mental health condition, like depression or bipolar disorder, while working towards recovery.
Tennessee Substance Abuse Statistics
In 2016, Tennessee joined the list of states with opioid-related overdose deaths higher than the national average. Heroin use at an all-time high, but alcohol use, on the other hand, is below the national average. Consider these other must-known facts about substance abuse in Tennessee:
- One in five young adults admits to binge drinking alcohol in the past month, the most prevalent alcohol issue in the state.
- Six percent of high school students across the state report a lifetime history of cocaine use.
- In 2014, opiate abuse was the leading complaint from those entering drug rehab with 4,528 admissions. The second highest was alcohol at 2,319.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Tennessee
The state of Tennessee takes a progressive approach for treating substance use disorders that includes medically monitored detox and comprehensive aftercare programs. It’s important for families to understand what criteria to look for in a treatment center, including:
- Accreditation: All facilities must have a license by the state of Tennessee openly displayed or be able to present if asked. In addition, many will carry third-party accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) or the Joint Commission.
- Evidence-based Approaches: Evidence-based approaches are the gold standard for addiction treatment. It uses three elements as part of the strategy: clinical experience, best research evidence, and patient preferences.
- Length/Location: Programs available at treatment centers vary in length. Generally, expect an inpatient rehab program to last anywhere from 30 to 120 days or longer if necessary. Location is another critical concern as families may find they need to travel to locate the right facility.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Through aftercare and alumni services, a care facility helps patients live in recovery following treatment. Often treatment centers will partner with nonprofits like AA or NA to provide additional care when someone leaves a residential program.
- Payment: Often insurance companies cover mental health treatments like substance abuse, but not in full. They may require the person pay a copayment or coinsurance fee. Look closely at the policy to determine the out-of-pocket expense and then develop a strategy to cover these costs.
Tennessee Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Figuring out the services available is one of the toughest challenges families face as they look at rehab options. Some essential services and programs include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Managed detox programs offer a supervised environment along with drug-based withdrawal therapy to make the side effects more comfortable. This helps prepare people for further treatment.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-assisted Treatment allows for FDA-approved medication to ease the harsh withdrawal from opioid or alcohol abuse. The goal is to allow for a safer way to stop using a drug.
- Behavioral Therapy: Most treatment programs use this to replace destructive behaviors, like substance abuse, with something more positive and healthy. Through behavioral therapy, one learns to understand why they use drugs and better ways of coping.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): It’s common for those with an addiction to have a coexisting mental health disorder like depression. The dual diagnosis system treats both problems at once to improve the chances of recovery.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Seeking help for drug or alcohol abuse is not an easy choice, but an essential first step towards a healthy life. The key is to research the options before choosing a treatment facility. Families should be ready to travel, if necessary, to find the right substance abuse program.