Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Utah
Utah had 466 opioid-related overdose deaths in 2016. This equates to a rate of 16.4 deaths for every 100,000 people, a number higher than the national rate (13.3). Fortunately, Utah has several quality rehabilitation facilities for those looking to get addiction treatment.
The Top Five Utah Rehab Facilities
Fortunately, in answer to the hold that substance use disorders have on the citizens of Utah, the state’s Department of Human Services has developed resource guidelines for treatment. These are designed to help people find high-quality rehab centers for their loved ones, including the following:
1. Odyssey House, Salt Lake City
Odyssey House is ranked among the top 7.3 percent of rehab centers in the United States because of its accreditation with The Joint Commission. Odyssey House offers sober housing, adult outpatient, and adult residential care. This facility also provides residential treatment for teens and mothers with children.
2. Steps Recovery Centers, Payson
One of four locations that Steps Recovery Centers has in Utah, the Payson facility offers a peaceful and welcoming environment as loved ones take steps toward a sober life. Following a three-stage program, Steps Recovery Centers customizes each phase to meet the needs of the individual.
3. Ascend Recovery, American Fork
At Ascend Recovery, patients find programs structured around a recovery that becomes rewarding. Focused on providing a safe environment in a warm, family atmosphere for overcoming addiction, Ascend Recovery helps patients gradually transition to independence.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
4. Recovery Ways, Murray
Featuring four locations in Murray, Recovery Ways focuses on offering a range of care options to meet the needs of their patients. Recovery Ways also provides recreation therapy and dual-diagnosis treatment options to treat mental health issues.
5. Turning Point Centers, Sandy
At Turning Points Centers, loved ones can look forward to receiving both mental health and substance abuse services. Art, gym, yoga, and bi-weekly family therapy groups allow patients to customize a treatment plan that meets their needs.
Utah Substance Abuse Statistics
Like the rest of the United States, Utah has been hard hit by substance use disorders and the effects they have on its residents. The number of people who have overdosed because of opioids is higher than the national average. Other statistics for the state include:
- In 2015, males accounted for 54% of opioid-related deaths.
- Emergency department encounters for those suffering from substance use disorders was almost evenly split between males and females.
- Carbon County and Salt Lake County had the highest scores on the state’s opioid mortality and morbidity index.
- Males were 56.7% of those whose sought treatment for substance use disorders.
- More than 91% of those seeking substance use disorder treatment identified as being white.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Utah
Inpatient and residential care is often the preferred method of treatment for substance use disorders. It provides medical oversight and structure in a supportive environment. Keep the following items in mind when choosing a Utah rehab program:
- Accreditation (Joint Commission, CARF, or Utah certified): Accreditation sets standards for improving patient safety and meeting or exceeding applicable regulations and laws, positively impacting health outcomes and quality of care.
- Evidence-based Approaches: This means that treatment options offered to those experiencing addiction have evidence that supports their use, like research trials and studies.
- Length/Location: The length of a treatment program varies and depends on an individual’s needs, lasting anywhere from 28-120 days or longer. Undergoing treatment in a location out-of-state may be necessary to find the perfect fit.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Ongoing support after treatment is a crucial element of recovery. Sober homes and access to programs like Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) are key.
- Payment: Paying for substance use disorder treatment ranges from private insurance, government-sponsored insurances like Medicaid, sliding-fee scales, and out-of-pocket expenses. Check with your insurance provider to determine coverage.
Utah Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
In Utah, the State Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup (SEOW) and the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (DSAMH) are responsible for ensuring Utah citizens have the resources and services they need to recover from addiction. Here are some essential programs and services:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: These programs assist the patient when detoxing from drugs and alcohol as they struggle with uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. This often requires medical oversight and professional support.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is combined with behavioral therapies and counseling to provide patients with a whole-person approach.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is a cornerstone of substance use disorder treatment. It provides incentives for people to remain sober and helps them to modify the way they think and relate to substance use.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Many people with addiction struggle with mental health issues that can contribute to their condition. Addressing the existence of these co-occurring disorders, and the role they play in recovery is vital to success and may require a combination of several approaches.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Finding treatment for a loved one suffering from addiction begins with reaching out for help and navigating the potential issues. It’s important to keep in mind what type of treatment program will work best for the individual in question. Being prepared to travel to a treatment center that offers a superior program can be better than settling for one nearby.