Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Virginia
The Commonwealth of Virginia faces many substance abuse challenges including an increase in alcohol use among adults and adolescents. Thankfully, Virginia provides quality addiction treatment programs to help individuals combat the negative effects of drugs and alcohol.
The Top Five Virginia Rehab Centers
Finding a rehab center starts with proper research. The state of Virginia has many treatment options to choose from, including some that cater to specific groups like women, adolescents, and veterans. The top five in this state include:
1. Bridging The Gaps, Winchester
Bridging the Gaps is a residential drug and alcohol treatment center whose name comes from the desire to bridge the gap between addiction and recovery. The center offers individualized care strategies, family programs, and nutritional education.
2. Sagebrush, Great Falls
Sagebrush offers separate residential centers for men and women, plus a co-ed treatment facility. They also offer women’s sober living, outpatient care, family programs, and a continuum of care.
3. Pathways Recovery Lodge, Lynchburg
Pathways Recovery Lodge sits on 100 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Amherst. Pathways takes a comprehensive approach to substance use disorders that includes a high staff to patient ratio for individualized care. The lodge has 15 private rooms available for a more intimate setting.
4. Life Center Of Galax, Galax
The Life Center of Galax offers several specialized services including programs for Christians, military personnel, young males, and those with co-occurring disorders. For over 40 years, this treatment facility has worked to build a strong foundation that leads to long-term recovery.
5. Mount Regis Center, Salem
Mount Regis Center provides co-occurring disorder treatment for those suffering from a mental health problem and a substance abuse disorder. They offer a comprehensive treatment plan that includes detox, inpatient, partial hospitalization, and outpatient therapy.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
Virginia Substance Abuse Statistics
Virginia has seen a rise in both opioid and alcohol use. In response to the opioid crisis, the governor established a task force to control the escalating overdose rate. Consider some vital statistics from Virginia:
- In a 2015 Virginia Middle School Risk Behavior Survey, 7.9 percent of respondents reported drinking alcohol before age eleven.
- In 2015, almost 650,957 people in Virginia admitted to illicit drug use at some point in time.
- Studies indicate that 27 percent of military personnel returning from Iraq are either already abusing alcohol or at risk for substance abuse.
- Marijuana use among high school students is at 30 percent, which is lower than the national average.
- Forty-eight percent of the students surveyed in 2015 smoke cigarettes. The national average is 45 percent.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Virginia
The state of Virginia takes a progressive stance against substance abuse and offers cost-effective, state-sponsored treatment options to residents. When looking for the right rehab, understanding what criteria to look for is essential:
- Accreditation: Many treatment centers are licensed by the state of Virginia, or they may have third-party accreditation from CARF or the Joint Commission. Accreditation signifies quality care and treatment.
- Evidence-based Approaches: Evidence-based approaches are the gold standard for substance abuse treatment and include behavioral therapies. Treatment has been studied, researched, and shown to be effective.
- Length/Location: Inpatient treatment can last anywhere from 30 to 120 days, but depends on individual needs. Families should look for a center that offers them what they need, no matter where it’s located.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: Some programs provide aftercare and alumni services, which may include sober living houses, outpatient treatment, and peer support groups like AA or NA.
- Payment: Typically, insurance providers will cover some portion of rehab programs. Contact a representative of the insurance plan to find out which services are covered.
Virginia Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
Virginia rehab centers often offer different services. It’s critical to understand how each type of plan operates. Some important services and programs include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Treatment facilities may offer medically managed detox therapy to control uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. Detox programs create a safe environment for withdrawal before transitioning into addiction treatment.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): FDA-approved medications help to reduce cravings and lessen dependence to alcohol and opioids. This treatment is always combined with behavioral therapy.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is key to many addiction treatment plans. With it, people learn to understand more about their addiction and find ways to avoid using drugs or alcohol.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Often those with addiction have an underlying mental health problem, like depression, that contributes to substance abuse. Treating both the addiction and mental health condition at the same time creates the best chances for recovery.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Finding the right rehab center takes time and research, but the state of Virginia provides individuals and families with helpful resources. Plan to travel if necessary when looking at treatment centers, and carefully consider what each has to offer to make an informed decision.