Most Insurances Accepted.
Your Treatment May Be 100% Covered!
5 Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Washington
Washington saw 692 deaths related to opioids in 2015, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. This figure equates to a rate of 9.7 deaths for every 100,000 people, which was only slightly less than the national average that year. Fortunately, Washington offers several quality rehab programs to help combat addiction in its residents.
The Top Five Washington Rehab Centers
With opioid use and drug-related overdose mortalities increasing across Washington state and nationwide, there is a growing need for quality rehab centers. Here are five of the best in Washington:
1. Residence XII, Kirkland
Since 1981, Residence XII has treated more than 10,000 women with substance use disorders. In addition to individualized components, each woman’s treatment plan includes a family program for added support in recovery.
2. Sound Recovery Center, Puyallup
Using an evidence-based approach to treatment, Sound Recovery Center provides personalized recovery plans. The facility offers diverse treatment options including detoxification services, residential treatment, and a sober living house.
3. Lakeside-Milam Recovery Center, Kirkland
Lakeside-Milam Recovery Center provides outpatient and inpatient services for teens and adults. An innovator in the industry, this facility was one of the first to use the recommendations of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) when completing their patient assessments.
Questions About Treatment?
We offer 100% confidential substance abuse assessment and treatment placement tailored to your individual needs. Achieve long-term recovery.
Find A Rehab Center Near You.
Call to be connected with a compassionate treatment specialist.
4. Schick Shadel Hospital, Seattle
Schick Shadel Hospital takes a different approach to rehab services and allows its patients to have everyday amenities like laptops, visitors, and cell phones. Their 10-day treatment program centers on aversion therapy, counterconditioning, and medical science to address cravings.
5. Prosperity Wellness Center, Tacoma
Specializing in substance use disorder treatment for teens, women, and men, Prosperity Wellness Center also offers services for co-occurring conditions. This treatment center works to interrupt the cycle of addictive behaviors and support a balanced life.
Washington Substance Abuse Statistics
According to research by the Alcohol & Drug Abuse Institute (ADAI) at the University of Washington, deaths related to methamphetamine (meth) have steadily increased since 2009. Consider more drug-related Washington statistics:
- In 2016, 5 deaths per 100,000 people were the result of meth.
- The state experienced an increase of almost 200 percent in treatment admissions from the period of 2002-2013.
- Washington medical providers wrote 4.88 million prescriptions for opioids in 2015.
- Seventy people died after overdosing on fentanyl in 2016.
Choosing The Right Rehab Program In Washington
An inpatient or residential treatment center provides individuals with round-the-clock medical care, a structured schedule, and the opportunity to learn valuable coping skills in a supportive environment. Keep the following in mind when choosing a treatment center:
- Accreditation: There are several options for accreditation in the state of Washington, including CARF and the Joint Commission. Accreditation means rehab centers are delivering the best possible treatment for substance use disorders.
- Evidence-based Approaches: The best treatment is backed by research and proven evidence. Evidence-based approaches are the latest best-practices in the industry, built on proven techniques for the best chances of recovery.
- Length/Location: Treatment lengths are usually determined by an individual assessment, and range from 28 days to six months or longer. Keep in mind, the location of a program that’s the best fit may require travel.
- Aftercare and Alumni Services: The best Washington programs offer aftercare services. These may include group therapy, job placement services, and access to support group sponsorship and meetings.
- Payment: Private insurance, as well as state-funded insurances like Medicaid and Medicare, may cover some or all of the cost. Contact the insurance provider to determine which services are covered.
Washington Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
The Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute (ADAI) provides a multidisciplinary approach to the issues concerning drugs and alcohol. Its research is designed to improve the methods, policies, and practices of addiction treatment. Common services may include:
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox programs are often the first step in the treatment process, and provide medical support and supervision during the worst of withdrawal.
- Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): An evidence-based approach designed to address dependence to alcohol or opioids. MAT reduces cravings, decreases the risk of overdose, and is always used alongside therapy or counseling.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is a key component in the recovery process. It works to change attitudes related to substance use and helps to develop coping skills for long-lasting recovery.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders (Dual Diagnosis): Dual Diagnosis programs address both addiction and any co-occurring mental health conditions like depression or PTSD. To be effective, both conditions must be treated at the same time.
Finding Addiction Treatment
Searching for substance use disorder treatment requires research and attention. Care should be taken to find a program with a personalized approach and proper accreditation. This can mean traveling out-of-state for the best treatment program.